As a consumer or a business that uses online banking you will be interested to know that supervisory guidance from the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council will guide banks to continue to assure that your accounts are properly secure and all types of online transactions are safer and more secure.
The authentication process is vital to insure that it is you, and not someone that has stolen your identity or taken over your business account, logging into your online account and conducting transactions. Multifactor authentication uses more than one method of verification and is a stronger fraud deterrent.
Our solution is designed to reduce the risk of fraud by confirming user identity when a user accesses online banking with their user ID, plus additional security layers/components.
Customer vigilance is critical to your online safety. Knowing how fraudsters work and understanding the risks will help you have a safe online banking experience. Following are links that provide critical “need to know” information.
Fraud & Identity Theft
- Federal Trade Commission - Computers & The Internet
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - Identity Protection & Identity Theft
- The United States Department of Justice - Identity Theft & Identity Fraud
- MasterCard - Fraud Protection How to Use Your Card Safely & Securely
- Visa - Security & Protection
- Internet Crime Complaint Center - Online Internet Crime Complaints
- United States Postal Inspection Service - Report Mail Theft or Mail Fraud
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Report Cyber Incidents, Phishing Incidents, Malware and Other Vulnerabilities
U.S. Social Security Administration - Reporting a Stolen Social Security Card
- Federal Trade Commission - Consumer
- The Better Business Bureau - Scam, Con, & Rip Off Resources
- The United States Department of Justice -Mass Marketing Fraud
- Internet Fraud Information - USA.gov
- Internal Revenue Service - Tax Scams / Consumer Alerts
Consumer Reporting Agencies
- Experian - Identity Theft Protection
- TransUnion - Identity Theft & Fraud Protection
- Equifax - Add a Fraud Alert or Active Duty Alert to Your Credit Report
- Free Annual Credit Report
- TeleCheck - How to Request Your TeleCheck File Report
- ChexSystems, Inc.
Small Business Information Security Resources
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Internet Security Essentials for Business
- Federal Communications Commission - Small Business Cyber Planner
- Federal Trade Commission - Protecting Personal Information - A Guide for Small Business
- Better Business Bureau - Data Security for Small Business