Social Community Guidelines
As an active participant in the Social Media Community, South Georgia Banking Company (SGBC) is excited to share our involvement in local community and news about our various business lines with you. However, because banking is such a highly regulated industry, we have to follow certain rules.
The purpose of this document is to lay out guidelines for our public Social Media pages, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Because our Social Media pages are public, your posts will be viewable to anyone and may even show up in search-engine results. While we encourage any and all feedback, we may remove posts that don’t fit our community guidelines.
South Georgia Banking Company is not responsible for views expressed other than our own.
We encourage everyone to:
- Be respectful and stay on topic
- Post original content, while avoiding content you know to be fraudulent, copyrighted or inappropriate
- Never post personal or identifying information
SGBC’s social media pages are monitored by bank employees and partners. We intend to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner; however, we can’t guarantee that we will reply to every comment.
Please read our full Social Community Guidelines below.
We welcome your questions about our service and products. However, to protect your rights to personal and financial privacy, SGBC does not answer specific support questions on social media. Customers or non-customers with questions about South Georgia Banking Company should contact a customer service representative through our website contact page, call toll free 1.888.782.4211, or visit any of our locations.
If SGBC receives communication from a customer seeking assistance with banking-related issues on their social media pages, the Bank will respond by directing them to other secure channels of communication to help address those concerns as effectively as possible.
The SGBC social media properties are all moderated by SGBC employees and affiliates. We’ll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can’t guarantee that we’ll reply to every comment. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate.
- Do not post material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal or financial relationships.
- Our Facebook page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our Facebook page is also not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious e-mails should be forwarded to email@example.com. If you would like to make a report, please call 1.888.782.4211 and a representative can assist you.
- South Georgia Banking Company reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of our Social Community Guidelines. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
The SGBC social media properties are places for conversations between and among individuals and SGBC, and these platforms are not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit sgbconline.com or a local SGBC location for more information on specific products and services.
The SGBC social media properties are all public, which means that anyone can see your posts and comments on these social media properties. Additionally, your posts and comments may even show up in search-engine results (like on Google or Bing). When you visit, post, or comment on any of the SGBC social media properties, we respectfully ask that you follow the below guidelines:
- We cannot accept comments from anyone under 13 years of age.
- Stay on topic
- Use common courtesy and be respectful of others
- Submit your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent
- Do not post someone else’s copyrighted work unless you have permission
- Never post personal, identifying, or confidential information
- Do not use this site to communicate or ask questions specific to your personal account or loan information
- Do not post any content which is abusive, offensive or inflammatory
While we want to foster healthy discussion, we may occasionally remove posts and comments that don’t fit with our community banking philosophy and guidelines.
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. SGBC may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive and/or unrelated
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind (including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language)
- Threats, personal attacks, abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language, or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity, or organization
- Discriminatory or that which contains hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, or disability
- False, inaccurate, libelous, or otherwise misleading in any way
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user’s computer
- Comments deemed to be off topic, including solicitations
- Identical messages by the same user or multiple users (potentially using different aliases)
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICIES
Infringement on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
By submitting any content to the SGBC social media properties, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
Using the social media properties to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs, or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
By posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on the SGBC social media properties, you are granting SGBC nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
SGBC may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you’ll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company. If SGBC establishes an advertising relationship, we will do our best to identify and disclose any relationships that SGBC may have with a site or company.
Please note that any URL coming from the domain http://www.sgbconline.com leads to an official South Georgia Banking Company website.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY PRACTICES
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, phone numbers or email addresses in any comment or post. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post may be deleted.
If you are a member of the media, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the SGBC website for more information about our organization.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
These Social Community Guidelines are subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Social Community Guideline, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.