Security & Privacy
At South Georgia Banking Company, we recognize that security of personal financial information is a concern to our customers. We have taken care in establishing and implementing policies and procedures to protect this information.
This online banking system has a number of industry-approved technologies to provide secure data for the bank and for you, our customer. Taking steps to help protect yourself adds an extra layer of protection to your online experience. Make sure you're on the right website before you sign in; check your browser address bar for:
- Lock icon
Secure Access and Verifying User Authenticity
To enter South Georgia Banking Company’s Online Banking, the user must key in a login ID and a password. Online Banking uses a lock-out mechanism to deter users from repeated log-on attempts. After three unsuccessful login attempts, the system locks the user out, requiring the user to reset their password after entering certain authentication information.
Other security protocols in place to verify the user and protect your information include:
- Advanced login authentication
- Data encryption
Your Role in Security
While South Georgia Banking Company works to protect your accounts, you also have a part. There are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your online experience is safe and secure.
- Most importantly, don't reveal your User ID or password to anyone. Your User ID and password are designed to protect the privacy of your online information, but they will only work if you keep them private. If you think your User ID or password has been compromised, call us immediately.
- Don't leave your computer unattended if you are in the middle of an online banking session.
- Once you have finished your online banking session, always sign off before visiting other sites on the Internet.
- If anyone else is likely to use your computer, clear your browser cache or turn off your browser and re-start it in order to eliminate copies of web pages that have been stored on your hard drive. How you clear your cache will depend on the browser and version you have. This function is generally found in the browser's preferences menu. We recommend that you use a browser with at least 128-bit encryption.
Go to our Resources page for more information on Online Security.